Ubuntu Server Edition is changing the server market for businesses by delivering the best of free software on a stable, fully supported and secure platform. 10.4 Was being billed as the golden child of Linux from all corners of the Linux-verse. Well, we all finally got chance to see how the official release stood up to the various PR machines.
In the five years since initial launch Ubuntu can now be found in thousands of organizations across the world delivering key services reliably, predictably and economically.
* Energy efficient, low memory and disk footprint operating system
* No license or maintenance fees
* An expanding ecosystem
* Minimal maintenance
* Growing community of peers and references
Built on the solid foundation of Debian which is known for its robust server installations, it has a strong heritage for reliable performance and predictable evolution.
Ubuntu users enjoy the unprecedented performance and security that Linux provides. Because we care about your business we have ensured that the Ubuntu Server Edition:
* Easily integrates with your existing networks.
* Provides a low total cost of ownership.
* Offers multiple life cycle scenarios for you to choose from.
* Is provided with free life maintenance.
* Is backed by Canonical’s world-class support.
Ubuntu server edition is another version focussed on the server capabilities like better speed, uptime and RAM support. This edition is for web-administrators and Ubuntu will roll out certification for this soon. Download page goes here.